|Does the sign come with GSDs?|
- I'm clueless
- There are too many variables
I've discussed the variables before. They include: Which shows do I enter him in? How many is too many for either of us? Do I drive down early? Stay in a hotel? How much can my budget support? How many shows can Hubby tolerate?
OK, time to stop the pity party, it's not helping. It's too early to open a bottle of wine, and too hot to go for a walk, so let's break this down into tiny parts. Maybe I won't feel so overwhelmed. (Yeah, I'm laughing too, but let's pretend anyway!)
- Sunshine State Herding Group Association. Friday, September 20 (must enter by 9/4). Pros: Smaller show, may have a better shot; starts at 11 AM, could leave early AM and make the 2-hour drive, saving the cost of a night's hotel stay. Cons: I'm terrified. Club president recently said she might not attend these shows after all, instead focusing on the JDFA shows in Ocala the following weekend.
- West Volusia Kennel Club. Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22 (must enter by 9/4). Pros: Same location as Friday's show, 7 AM start time not so bad if we stay in a hotel overnight; show is inside an air conditioned building; a New Exhibitor briefing will be held at Saturday show; could just do Saturday's show and go home (would save hotel fees; Jedi and I would get experience but not tire out.). Cons: We're jumping into an All-Breed show with no experience, was really looking forward to having Madam President there for support.
- Jacksonville Dog Fancier's Association. Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29 (must enter by 9/11). Pros: MapQuest says it's a 2-hour drive; we'll be coming off previous weekend with experience and confidence (?); Madam President will be there for support. Cons: Will we be able to afford two weekends back-to-back?; it's an outdoor venue; the show starts at 7 AM, so we'll probably need a hotel since Jedi doesn't travel well.
- Running. To get the beautiful gait that we want I need to be able to keep up with Jedi. I realize that I really need to be in better shape. Jedi and I have been walking before work and I've been adding a few jogging spurts to build my endurance. I'm afraid it's not going to be enough, especially in an outdoor ring.
- Leash manipulation. Sometimes in the ring the leash needs to be taken up, other times it needs to be let out. It feels awkward in my hand. Will I ever be able to get that seamless movement that I see in videos?
- Stacking. I want this:
I think I need to take a break. I'm going to try to stack Jedi in the backyard and then head up to a friend's house to play German Shepherd-opoly. Is that really a break? I'll keep you updated. -- K