Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dogtoberfest 2013

Every October First Coast No More Homeless Pets puts on Dogtoberfest, a Halloween-themed dog festival to raise money for their low cost spay/neuter programs. I like to go when I can. This year FCNMHP changed the format. In previous years it was a charity walk where people pledged money and prizes were given to the biggest fund raisers. Last month they joined forces with Best Friends' Strut Your Mutt for the big walk and turned Dogtoberfest into a free event (though you could buy $25 VIP passes for extra goodies). We took the free route and though it was nice, I don't think it was as much fun as in years past. I can't put my finger on exactly what the difference is either. Jedi was overwhelmed too, which made things much more difficult. Hubby and I stayed for only an hour or so and then left before the dogs got too over-heated in their costumes. -- K

P.S. Sorry about the photo quality. Hubby took them with his phone.     
 

 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment