Sunday, December 28, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

Playing Ketchup!
(Stop groaning, you know how I feel about puns.)
Wow. It's been nearly two weeks since my last post. With all the holiday hoopla I haven't had time to write. I promise a real post soon, but here are a few highlights of what we've been doing:

I've been going contest crazy! Jodi over at Kol's Notes is hosting the Advent Calendar for Dog Lovers again this year. It's 24 days with 24 great giveaways. It's always fun to see the great stuff she's found. I especially like the Safe Snacking Dog Bowl, Dog T-shirts (the GSD one is gorgeous), the customized leather Ruha Collars and the puzzle toys this year. These contests close on January 1st, so go now if you want to take a chance on some fun stuff.

I've discovered a bunch of new blogs through the Pet Blogger's Gift Exchange. Pet bloggers were randomly paired up “to share compliments, encouragement, and linky love with each other” through their blogs. I was introduced to Let's Go Dog. I read it from back to front and thoroughly enjoyed it. Seriously, check it out! And I'm not just saying that because Leah said some beautiful things about us here. (Don't tell her it made me cry, OK?) A big thanks to Pamela at Something Wagging This Way Comes for hosting such a great hop.

Jedi's mother, Zasha, had another litter on December 1st. Breeder has been very generous in letting me "help out." Truth is, if I have a choice between blogging and feeding, socializing and playing with ten adorable German shepherd puppies, I'll choose this:

PUPPIES!
Jedi and I completed our Leash Manners class. He still pulls. It was helpful having an objective, knowledgeable person tell me what we're doing wrong. Apparently we're doing a lot wrong. Fortunately, the instructor had a lot of helpful tips on how to do things right. The biggest problem, however, is that we just don't get out and practice enough. (That seems to be a running theme in my life.) I hope to walk more after the first of the year. That would make both Jedi and my doctor very happy.

And finally, I've been reading! I finished Rescue Me, Maybe. I enjoyed it. It starts off pretty sad but gets better. Currently I'm in the middle of three other books -- I seldom read one at a time -- and look forward to sharing them with you later.

So, that's the condensed version of the last couple weeks. I'll have more soon. Hopefully it won't be so helter-skelter. But no promises, because it is me we're talking about and . . . well . . . -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment