Friday, September 11, 2015

Earthbath Shampoo and Conditioner

One of my favorite blogs to follow is Go Pet Friendly. Not only does this blog list hundreds of dog friendly places to vacation, it also gives away fun stuff on a regular basis. And this time I won! I had completely forgotten that I had entered until I came home and found a box of earthbath Shed Control Shampoo and Conditioner on my front porch -- and we're talking full size 16 fluid ounce bottles, not the tiny trial size bottles. Woohoo! Gotta love them freebies!

I gave Jedi a bath on the first rain-free day I had off. The first thing I noticed about the shampoo was the smell. It was unusual but not unpleasant. It's made with green tea and awapuhi (a member of the ginger family). It reminded me of an earthy aftershave you might find the men's department. The fragrance was not perfumey or overwhelming. (Smells are a migraine trigger for me, so I'm always very careful about what I use.) The conditioner had a similar fragrance.

The shampoo left Jedi clean and shiny. And the conditioner made his coat nice and soft. Honestly, I don't know if it made a difference on the shedding. (When you have German shepherds you just stop noticing the hair. It's part of life, like air and dust.)

I had never heard of this company before. But thanks to the internet, I discovered some very nice things about earthbath:
  • earthbath shampoos and conditioners are all human-grade, but are pH-balanced for pets’ more sensitive skin
  • all earthbath products are paraben free
  • and all earthbath products are vegan/cruelty free (there is no testing on animal nor do they use animal by products)
So, would I use earthbath again? Yes! I'm having fun checking out all the other products available from this company too . . . AND they're available on Amazon. Score! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment