Tuesday, July 31, 2018

What is That?

First call of the day: a turkey running loose on Main Street.

The call came in through 911. At first I thought it was just the peacocks. But when I got to Main Street I saw that it was an actual turkey. (Best guess, female. Possibly a juvenile male. Honestly, I'm not good with turkeys outside of Thanksgiving dinner.) She was calm enough to let me get within ten feet of her. Even then she wasn't aggressive, just evasive.

Knowing that nobody would believe me, I took this picture:


To the horror of the complainant, that's all I did. Our city ordinances don't prohibit turkeys strolling down the street.

This job is many things -- lucky for you, boring isn't on of them! I'm sure there will be more crazy stuff to share later. TTFN, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment