Wednesday, December 31, 2014

No Resolutions!

It's New Years Eve. This is the time of year when people make resolutions in hopes of being a better person in the following year. I do it every year, and I fail miserably. It's not that I want to, it's just that life gets in the way and all my good intentions are pushed aside. You're welcome to check out my delusions of grandeur for 2013 and 2014, but let me give you the Reader's Digest version: weigh less, save more and be more consistent with dog training. And yet here I sit -- again -- overweight, broke, with a pair of dogs that still can't walk nicely on a leash. *sigh* So this year I'm ditching the resolutions. Instead, I'm taking a page from some of my favorite bloggers and recapping the most popular Kelley's Dog Blog posts of 2014. Did you see any of these?

  • Apparently people are amused by my crazy job because It's True! and Freaks on the Beach were shared a lot. Luckily there is a never ending supply of weird work stories. In fact, just last week I found a note on my office door that said "Pig tied to a trailer, 900 block of Flower Street." Of course there wasn't and address, nor was there a pig when I drove down the street. I knocked on several doors before I found Kuzma.


  • My most popular posts, however, are of Jedi and Roxy having fun. Jedi Plays Spin the Bottle had the most views and shares this year. A friend of mine actually built the toy from a video I found on Facebook. 


Beat the Heat Fun wasn't far behind in popularity. This post came about on a hot Florida day when I said to Hubby "Hey, let's fill the dogs' pool with ice and see what happens." I still laugh when I look at the pictures.


  • And much to Jedi's dismay, others like seeing him dressed up in funny hats as much as I do, so there will probably be more like A Special Greeting From Jedi in 2015.


  • Probably my most heartfelt post this year was 25 Years, 47 Dead, and 1 Personal Miracle where I shared how one random decision spared my family from the tragedy of the USS Iowa explosion. Thanks to everybody who forwarded that post. I hope that somehow it reaches the Ziegler family. God bless them, wherever they are. 

 

So, that was 2014. Thanks for sharing it with me. I hope you'll stick around because I plan on having even more fun in 2015, and I'd love to have you join me. See you next year! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment