|Race mascot "Ben Fur"|
Up until this year, Chariots of Fur has been hosted by St. Francis Animal Hospital. It was a big fundraiser for their Helping Paw program. The race is sponsored by a different organization this year. Other changes include:
- A later start time
- Slightly higher fees (that increase the later you enter)
- Fun Run and 5K are the same price and start at the same time
- Medals will be awarded to the first 700 finishers
- Ribbons are given to all participating dogs
- Dogs' names are on the entry form so dogs can be announced at the finish line!
Paw Prints in the Sand. I'm thinking about entering that one too. (I'm a glutton for punishment.)
To get my fat ass ready to go, I've downloaded a walking plan. Here it is if you want to see it: 5K Training - Walkers Program. I'm up to 2.5 miles on the track and 45 minutes on the treadmill. BTW, Jedi is enjoying the extra walks. Wish us luck, we'll probably need it! And I'll post race pictures. Promise. -- K
P.S. I really really want a medal, dammit.