Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm Not Dead

See? Not dead.
I just looked at my blog and realized it's been 10 days since my last post. TEN DAYS! This isn't helping my 15-posts-a-month resolution! But I have an excuse: I have (had?) pneumonia. It sucks. Fortunately, I've got good health insurance and plenty of sick time on the books to stay home and recuperate. I've spent most of the last week sleeping and drinking fluids.

I'm trying really hard to get better because Jedi and I are back in the ring on Friday -- as in 3 days and a wake up. I'm nervous. We braved the cold and went to conformation class (before I got really sick). And we've practiced stacking at home. It's working, albeit slowly. Now when I run my hand down Jedi's back he'll shift his weight to his right leg so I can extend the left. Baby steps! I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I stress too much.

I've been too exhausted to practice our gaiting. Some days it's all I can do to fold laundry. I guess we'll just have to go with what we've got. Ideally Jedi will be so mesmerizing that the judges won't even notice I'm there. (That might be the Nyquil talking.)

Sickness be damned, RK and I are bathing our dogs, packing the SUV and heading to Ocala on Thursday. Wish me luck. If you happen to be in the area, stop by and say hi. I could use the moral support. I'll keep you posted on our adventures! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment