- We started the day with a romp in the woods. Jedi and Roxy enthusiastically chased birds and sniffed mole tracks.
- Next we stopped by the groomer to get a pedicure. I'm a big chicken when it comes to trimming nails. Fortunately, Kathleen at Petsmart is not. She adores Jedi and is always happy to see him. Unfortunately, the feelings are not mutual! Poor Kathleen. We'll have to stop by and say hi in between nail trims -- maybe then he'll like her more.
- We dropped Roxy off at home and took Jedi to the vet to have a rash looked at and get some medicine for his conjunctivitis. Jedi has goopy eyes. eeewww. They also gave him a colorful bandanna to add to his collection.
- Hubby and I were hungry after a long day of running errands and ended up at Al's Pizza in Atlantic Beach. Not only is the food very good (I highly recommend the Mediterranean calzone) but the restaurant welcomes dogs on the outdoor dining patio. Jedi tucked himself under the table and snoozed while waiting for lunch, ignoring the traffic and pedestrians passing by. Jedi missed his midday meal, so we ordered him a soft pretzel and bottle of water. After the food arrived Jedi was a lot more "animated" and it took a while for him to figure out that he wasn't getting anything unless he was lying down. Self control is still a challenge for Jedi.
- We ended the day at home where Jedi voluntarily put himself in his crate and has been sleeping for the past hour. What a good boy! Come to think of it, I'm a bit tired and could use a nap too.
|Eating lunch at Al's Pizza. Not a bad day for Jedi!|
This is going to be a busy weekend for the dogs. Sunday is the German Shepherd Dog Club's Dog Day at the Beach. Some of the most beautiful dogs in North Florida will be at Mickler's Landing Beach. I can't wait! I'll have pictures. Promise. Until then, -- K
P.S. I'm serious about that calzone!! Spinach, feta, ricotta and mozzarella baked inside a perfect calzone crust, served with marinara sauce. YUMMY. I had intended on bringing half of it home for dinner later, but apparently self control is a challenge for me as well.