What I liked:
- The market is very dog-friendly. There were many dogs there, and several dog-oriented vendors.
- LOTS of taste-testing. mmmm . . .
- Flushing toilets! I was afraid there would be Porta Potties.
- Street musicians. There are areas where different musicians set up. The Navy Jazz band was on the big stage this morning. I could have sat and listened to them for hours.
- The atmosphere is very laid-back.
- People! Most everyone was very friendly. I even ran into a family (and their dog) that I hadn't seen in over a year. If you're reading this, "HI KIM!"
- It was colder than I would have liked. The strong breeze off the river cut right through my jacket. (However, I bet it would be really nice in the summer!)
- It was crowded. Today was the first market of the season (it's closed during the winter) so that may have been a factor.
- Parking sucked (see above). And if you go, beware of idiot drivers. Jedi and I nearly got hit by a guy in a Mercedes with dealer tags. He was driving with one hand and talking on his cell with the other, totally oblivious to pedestrians. Yeah, I calling you out Asshole!
- Hubby's attitude. Many of the patrons were too "yuppie" or "new age" for him, and he grumbled about it the entire time.
So here's the plan: Jedi and I are going to work harder on loose lead training. Obviously I need to add more distractions. Then in a couple months -- when it's warmer -- Jedi and I will return to the market without Hubby. Anyone wanna join us? -- K