|Jedi's father, CH |
Let's hope the apple didn't fall too far from the tree!
Here is a chance to get your feet wet at some fairly close all breed shows .... and I will be honest, we need your help to try and build majors. It only takes 7 dogs to make a Major now, and we need to stick together on this kind of stuff.
I am referring to the Deland shows on Sept 20 - 22 (Fri – Sun). The Sunshine State Herding Group Association (who put on the Junior Jamboree) is the first day.
Please give this some serious thought and get back to me. You need to get them ready at some point, especially if you plan to show at our shows next year. Right now I am planning to have our Fun Match on Sept 14th so we can practice for these shows there. Let me know if you need more info or if I can help!!
Now I'm trying work the finance/logistics of it. Money is the tightest this time of year. Here's what's going through my head:
- Do we do all three shows? There is a smaller show Friday (it's just for breeds in the herding group) and then larger shows on Saturday and Sunday (all-breed shows are huge and take all day).
- Would Jedi be too tired on day three? Or would we be energized and "in the zone" by that point? Skipping the Sunday show would save money on a hotel room, but would it hurt our chances? Do we have any chances?
- We could save money by going down early on Friday morning (it's a 2-hour drive and the Friday shows start later than the Sat/Sun shows). But Jedi doesn't travel well, so perhaps staying in a hotel Thursday nigh might be best.
- What am I going to wear? Most of my nicer clothes are black. I was told NOT black because it'll detract from Jedi's topline.
- And the biggest question: Why do I get so neurotic over things?!