"What things do you do that non dog show people wouldn't understand?"I got some great answers and I'm sharing them today. I've redacted names and breeds because some of these people may be your neighbors -- and we like to pretend to be normal.
- I always get a hotel room with two doubles instead of a king so my dog has her own bed.
- My dogs' drying towel robes are far nicer than my tattered bathrobe.
- I will think nothing of spending three hours drying my dog's hair but usually just throw my hair up wet.
- I've used the dog comb to get my own hair under control when we're in the ring. (The dog is clean, the comb is clean, so what's the problem?)
- When I have an important meeting or appointment I look in the mirror and think, "It's a shame to be all dressed up when there's no arm band involved!"
- I think nothing of spending $25 on dog shampoo but use generic products on myself.
- They use corn starch for cooking...I use it as whitening powder for my dogs feet.
- I use my bra for storage...treats, poop bags, car keys, whatever!
- I don't buy clothes anymore without thinking, "Can I show in this? Will it look good with my dogs?"
- I've faked being sick so I could leave work early to bathe my dogs.
- I have a two flat irons for my dogs. I have never used a flat iron on my own hair!
- I dress nicer on the weekends than I do during the week at work.
- During show season I cook, cook, cook for the dogs. My husband stands in the kitchen next to the dogs who are also staring at me and he asks...."Is this for us or them?" I tell him, "Honey, you know we have a show next weekend!"
- Sadly, I have more pictures of my dogs in my wallet than I do of my grandchildren.
- A dog show is the only thing that will motivate me to get up at 5 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed!
- Discussing in vitro fertilization and sperm quality during dinner -- at Olive Garden.
- Before a show I posted: bathed, shaved, trimmed, teeth brushed, ears clean, ready for dog show. People thought I was talking about myself.
OK, so maybe dog show people can be a little odd. But you know what? I like it. Turns out, I'm a bit odd too! -- K
P.S. Anybody else brave enough to share their kookiness?
Tomorrow's topic: Lingo