Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Don't Be a Statistic

I didn't design this meme, but I think it needs to be shared anyway.


This time of year things are very busy in the Animal Control office. It's not unusual for me to spend the first half of January 1st trying to pair up lost pet calls with found pet calls. My kennel is always full with the runaways the police picked up over night. The other half of the day is spent writing tickets for dogs off leash on the beach and in the parks. And then there are the cranky, hungover people pissed off that they're getting tickets "on a holiday." (On a personal note: If pet owners would be a little more conscientious I wouldn't have to work on holidays. And if I don't work on a holiday then I don't write tickets on a holiday. Honestly, I'd rather be at home with my friends and family.)


It's the last Wordless Wednesday of 2015! Hop around below and see what others are sharing. Meanwhile, I'm going to bathe a couple of stinky dogs. I took this picture at work yesterday:


We've had record highs this week. The beach is packed. Today's forecast is 84 degrees. I know! I figure I may as well ring in 2016 with fresh smelling pups. See you all next year! -- K


No comments:

Post a Comment