Friday, February 1, 2013

A Story About a Dog and Dead People

I haven't been able to read much since Jedi joined our family. He takes up most of my waking time (and a big chunk of my sleeping time too!) The other day my mother texted me saying she had just sent a book to my Kindle. Mom never texts me, so I was intrigued. The book was Suspect by Robert Crais, an author I'd never heard of before. The review on Amazon.com says:
LAPD cop Scott James is not doing so well. Eight months ago, a shocking nighttime assault by unidentified men killed his partner Stephanie, nearly killed him, and left him enraged, ashamed, and ready to explode. He is unfit for duty -- until he meets his new partner.

Maggie is not doing so well, either. A German shepherd who survived three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan sniffing explosives before losing her handler to an IED, her PTSD is as bad as Scott’s.

They are each other’s last chance. Shunned and shunted to the side, they set out to investigate the one case that no one wants them to touch: the identity of the men who murdered Stephanie.
Dogs AND dead people? These are two of my favorite genres. I was hooked! Before Jedi came I read a lot of Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch novels, which are also set in Los Angeles. Anyway, once I got started, I read this book in two days. I enjoyed it. I hope you do too. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment