- My memory is strangely selective. There are residents that I see regularly. I can remember the names of all the dogs, but can't seem to remember the names of the people.
- However, if someone was a jerk to me not only do I remember his name but everything else associated with him -- address, the car he drives, where he works and every ugly word that fell out of his mouth.
- My work clothes get more use than anything else in my closet.
- Whether I like it or not, certain smells are ingrained in my brain:
- I can smell an embedded collar from 10 yards away.
- I can accurately detect Parvo with my nose alone.
- I can walk past someone in Walmart and tell that she's a hoarder.
- I can differentiate dog pee from cat pee and human pee. (Sadly, this has come in handy.)
- I have called my family on the way home and had them put my robe in the laundry room so that I could wash my uniform right away without walking through the house.
|Not the balls we're talking about buddy!|
Animal Cops has been banned in my house. I get frustrated and yell at the TV, telling the ACOs to quit playing it up for the camera and use their safety equipment.
I am a vinyl glove connoisseur. Seriously, latex is for rookies.
- What’s that cologne I'm wearing? Adam's Flea Spray!
- I have a deep-seated distrust of all Chihuahuas.
- I eat more meals in my work truck than I do at the kitchen table. I even have a stash of plastic forks and extra straws in the glove box.
- I point out unleashed dogs in my friends' Facebook photos.
|You see cheap nylon leashes, I see the ultimate multi-tool!|
- I have done things with a nylon slip lead that would make MacGyver jealous.
- My colleagues and I have shared gruesome case details and photos over lunch. They didn't ruin our appetites, but the eavesdroppers behind us were a little queasy afterwards.
- I did the math: I have over 4000 hours of beach driving experience. I'm an excellent driver, yet I still have nightmares about running over children buried in the sand.
- I have walked into a room and said "Oh God, what's that horrible smell?!" only to discover that it was me.
- I have 12 veterinarians, eight ACOs, four shelters, three wildlife rescues, Rabies Control, Fish & Wildlife, a pet crematorium and an at-home euthanasia service programmed into my cell phone. In comparison, I have seven family members in the same phone.
Ruckus the Eskie, M.K. Clinton and the pups over at Love is Being Owned by a Husky let me link up anyway. Thanks guys! Anyway, once you're finished with my nonsense, click around and see what others are thinking -- or not thinking -- about today. -- K