Monday, October 29, 2018

Rainy Day Ride Along

It's Fall. The weather is changing in typical Florida fashion. Last week we were in the high 80s; this weekend barely reached the low 60s. It's a wonder we don't all die of hypothermia.

Rain comes and goes at random intervals -- invariably when I have something to do outside. It makes me want to stay in my pajamas, drink coffee and watch old movies on TCM. Even the sun is sleeping in later. Despite my PJ fantasies, I'm up by 5:30 every morning. ugh. Even on my days off the dogs feel that we need to be up with the chickens. (FYI: I don't have chickens.)

Trooper comes to work with me most mornings. (One of the few perks of my job). We'll spend the first hour of the day doing paperwork, answering emails and returning phone calls. Then we patrol the City until 9-10 AM (earlier if it's hot outside). Trooper usually spends the next few hours at my kennel before finishing the day off in my office doing more boring administrative stuff. On slow days we'll have lunch in one of the City's many parks. You'd think that most dogs would think this deal was awesome. Not my guy.

Apparently Trooper thinks morning patrol is boring. He also gave me the stink eye when I asked him to smile for the camera. What a turd. However, it made for a funny photo.

Happy Monday everybody. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment