Thursday, April 18, 2019

How's It Going?

Love the head tilt!
OMG. It's April! Where did the time go?

This is always a busy month for me.
  • My GSD Club holds our annual Specialty Shows the first Friday of April every year. It's time consuming. Last year I was show secretary. (I blogged the journey here.) This year I had a dog in the show
  • Taxes were due. The news had been saying for months that changes in the tax code were reducing refunds. I usually owe, so I worried (and procrastinated) until the deadline. I did my taxes last weekend and yes, I owed -- a whopping $26. Now I'm chastising myself for waiting and causing myself so much unnecessary stress.
  • Jedi and I are taking scent work classes again. Our favorite trainer has returned to Jacksonville. Again. And GSD club members want to follow up our last workshop with regular practice sessions. Maybe we'll be ready to trial before the year is out. I'll keep you updated.
  • And the most pressing right now: our AKC Sanctioned Specialty B Match is next weekend. I'm the Match Chair and am trying to hammer out all the final details. Between you and me I'm just shy of freaking out right now. Hopefully, it'll go well. Either way, I'll tell you all about it later.
Good news: I'm done with my Pity Party. The dogs and I are going to spend the next few months working on the basics. Along with Jedi's scent work classes, Trooper is starting a manners class next month with a favorite trainer of mine. And I'm blogging again. Yay! (It's always easier when I have something worth sharing.) I've got half a dozen future posts sketched out. And I've got a special, very personal post ready to go for tomorrow, so I hope you come back. Later, -- K

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I know you were bummed, but I know you'd bounce back. I too love that head tilt.

    I'm happy you did well on your taxes. We're sure paying less this year. I'm happy about that.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to be back. Glad you're still here!

    ReplyDelete