Monday, April 22, 2019

Trooper's Near Death Experience

Like millions of other people, I am a Game of Thrones nut. I read the first book in 2003. I loved it and hated it at the same time. I may or may not have called my mother and told her she was an evil, horrible woman for sending me the book. Then I read the second book. And the third. (Do you see where I'm going with this?) The only reason we pay for HBO is because of the series.

After waiting nearly two years, I squealed with glee when the final season started last week. And I swore like a sailor when the episode was over. (54 minutes my ass!) So what does this have to do with Trooper?

Actual crime scene photos

I was at work and Hubby texted me pictures of the cable remote. Trooper had decided to use it as a chew toy. It was inoperable. (Hubby tried!) We had less than 12 hours before Game of Thrones. And it was Easter Sunday. Comcast was closed. Trooper was hiding in his crate because he knew I was coming home and going Cersei Lannister on his ass.

Yes, she's evil. But she gets shit done!
I posted pictures on the internet. Most of my friends laughed at my pain. Others suggested "the app" or running HBO Go through the PlayStation. Meanwhile, Hubby called customer service. The woman at Comcast helped him load an app onto his phone so it could be used as a remote for the TV. We were able to watch Game of Thrones, and Trooper lives another day.

At 14 months, I thought Trooper was past the destruction phase. Grrr. His teenage hormones have short-circuited his brain. He seems to have forgotten how to sit and down on command, and he thinks that wait is optional. I'm at my wits end. Manners class can't start soon enough! I'll keep you posted (on Trooper; you'll have to watch Game of Thrones for yourself). -- K


P.S. I went to Comcast after work on Monday, mangled remote in hand. They enjoyed the story and handed me a new one -- no questions asked.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting to read this as today our 10 month old maremma puppy, who up to this date has mainly ignored our six chickens, decided to "play" with one in his mouth. Teenage dogs, it is as if none of their previous training/learning has been forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trooper and I had that conversation this morning. I told him that if he can't remember the rules then we're going to restrict some of his privileges and he'll have to earn them back. I know it's normal, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

      Delete