Monday, August 13, 2012

Dogs On My Pillow


I saw this picture on Facebook and it made me think of Pepper. She was the biggest bed hog. She liked to lay perpendicular to me with her butt stuck squarely in the small of my back. If she was in bed with both Hubby and me she would get between us and form an H, pushing us to either edge of the bed. It was not comfortable and she was usually kicked off sometime in the middle of the night. (I've been told that I'm a "grumpy sleeper.")

Caught in the act!

And for some reason Pepper loved my pillow. There would be six pillows on the bed and she found mine every time. She was sneaky about it too. I would get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and hear her climb onto the bed. I'd come back into the room and there she was. I was always fussing at her to "Get off my pillow." She would move, but not without sighing in protest first. She would also climb onto the bed during the day, pull the blankets down and plop onto my pillow. Even worse, she drooled in her sleep! I changed the sheets constantly. It's hard to fall asleep when your pillow smells like dog spit.

Same pillow, different dog.
By the way, Roxy's not any better. She's horrible to sleep with -- she jumps on and off the bed all night and barks at things that I don't even think exist. Not only is she eventually kicked off the bed, she's locked out of the room. (It's that "grumpy sleeper" thing again. We won't even talk about what happens when Hubby starts to snore!) Roxy also has a thing for my pillow, though most of the time she lays on it backwards resting her butt where I put my face!! I think it's some secret doggie conspiracy. Hubby thinks I'm paranoid. What do you think? -- K






No comments:

Post a Comment