Friday, August 3, 2012

Dogtoberfest

Last night Hubby commented that Roxy is getting a little chunky. Her waist has thickened and you can no longer feel her ribs. I guess with Logan gone, there is no one to share the treats -- and Hubby is liberal with the treats. When I think about it, it seems like many of our road trips end up with cheeseburgers. I have probably had too many cheeseburgers as well, and I haven't been able to feel my ribs for a while. We all know the solution: less cheeseburgers, more exercise. ugh. First Coast No More Homeless Pets sent me this in an email:


Feeling ambitious, Roxy and I signed up. Now I'm rethinking my decision. Roxy is the worst leash walker I've ever had. We failed obedience class -- twice! Roxy pulls and drags no matter what type of collar she's wearing. Her tugging has injured my shoulder more than once. Using a Halti helps, but she's learned how to get the strap in her mouth and bite it in half. I'm sure Dogtoberfest is going to be a challenge. I guess we'd better practice.

By the way, it gets worse! In a rash move, I also emailed all Dog Club members and suggested we form a walking team. I thought we could wear our club T-shirts, show off our beautiful dogs and promote the German Shepherd Dog Club of North Florida. Now I'm afraid that Roxy will embarrass me in front of my colleagues. She is not known for grace and decorum. I'll blog all the ugly details -- and maybe even some pictures -- so keep signing in. And on the off chance you want to help support this good cause/bad idea, here's the link to my fund raising page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/kelley-caton/dogtoberfest-2012.

Thanks, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment