Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I'm at the age where the day is more about celebrating with loved ones than receiving presents. Good thing too, because nine years ago I got the best birthday present ever --
Logan!
 
 
I had only been working at the county animal shelter for a few weeks when this beautiful German shepherd came in. One of the animal control officers had found him running at large. The dog was dirty and skinny, but had personality to spare. Surprisingly nobody came to claim him. When his hold was up  -- sometime around my birthday -- I brought him home and named him Logan for very nerdy reasons. We had seven great years together. (You can read the rest of his story here.)


I'm running out to have a birthday lunch with friends. What are you doing on this Wordless Wednesday? Why not hop around and see what others are sharing today? TTFN, -- K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment