Monday, March 18, 2019

Liar Liar

Dean Russo print. I LOVE his stuff!
There's a saying that goes "Dogs don't lie about love." I totally believe that. When it comes to dogs, a sigh, a look, or a lean speaks volumes. I love my dogs dearly -- and I know they love me even more. Dogs are always honest about their feelings. No, they don't lie about love. Want to know what dogs do lie about?

Breakfast!

Hubby called me at work and asked if I had fed the dog before I left. Jedi was behaving strangely. And when Hubby asked if he was hungry, Jedi became especially animated. When I told Hubby that Jedi had already eaten I heard him say "Liar! Mommy said she fed you."

Hubby was shocked that our loving, loyal German shepherd would try to scam a second meal. Not me! I've been around dogs long enough to know that their stomachs always override their brains.

I think J.R.R. Tolkien modelled Hobbits after dogs. Don't believe me? Look at this:


Confession time: Jedi has put on eight pounds since we brought Trooper home. Part of it is because he's not getting the walks he used to. That's something that I am trying fix. But the part I'm having the most trouble with is Hubby. He feels bad leaving Jedi home alone during the week (Trooper still goes to work with me). Often Hubby will fill a puzzle ball and/or hide dog cookies around the house so that Jedi has something to do. However, Hubby doesn't tell me this beforehand. If he did, I'd cut Jedi's breakfast in half to compensate for the additional calories. Instead, Jedi gets Second Breakfast. And possibly Elevensies. Jedi doesn't mind at all.

I saw this meme on Facebook and it made me think of Jedi:


Dogs. (And husbands.) Gotta love them. Right? -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment