Friday, March 15, 2019

One Last Match

Trooper turned a year old last month. He's not a puppy any more. Last weekend the Jacksonville Dog Fanciers' Association held an All-Breed Match. This was his last chance to run around the ring before J-Lyn takes him to North Carolina for the Southeast Futurity/Maturity shows.

A teenager from my GSD Club was there with Trooper's cousin, Jethro. Teen entered Jethro in the Junior Handler competition and they came in 3rd! Jethro is neutered, so he can't compete in regular classes. I offered to let Teen take Trooper into the ring. I told her it would be good experience for them both and that I expected nothing -- so no stress. (Plus, I really didn't feel like running.)

Well, Teen and Trooper did more than expected. They won the Herding Group. How cool is that? We added another pink rosette to his collection.

Yesterday I handed Trooper off to J-Lyn. They're doing some last minute training and conditioning before heading north next week. In addition to the Futurity, Trooper is also competing in two Specialty shows and an All-Breed show. I'm excited. And anxious. I'm fighting all those coulda/woulda/shoulda things in my head. Too late now, right? I hope he does well. And if he doesn't, I'm sure I'll find a way to make it my fault. I'll keep you posted. -- K

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Trooper. You showed mom didn't you.

    Have a woof woof day. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Good Luck, Trooper

    ReplyDelete