Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Finds #3

I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with Kelley's Friday Finds! I find myself reading more enthusiastically and becoming very excited when I find something I think share-worthy. I hope you are enjoying these little tidbits too.

Can you identify the meaning between different barks? Are you sure? NOVA has a fun interactive quiz called The Meaning of Dog Barks. See how many you can get right the first time!

Here's a tough one: Is your dog smart? We all say yes, but how do you quantify it? And are there different types of "smart"? I had lots of fun clicking around the Rover Blog's How Smart is Your Dog? There are links to an adaptive intelligence test and a personality profile so you can see where your dog ranks. And if you find it interesting, there are links to further reading on the subject.

I am not a crafty person, so when I see cleaver projects that I can actually do, I go bananas. Here is my latest banana find: Luna Lovebug has a post on Making Your Own Weave Poles. The project costs about $20 (as opposed to $100+ to buy weave poles) and there is a cute video to go along with it. This is great for those who want to try weaving but aren't ready to fork over the big bucks (like me!).

Win a DayPak from Kyjen!
My favorite dog stuff company is Kyjen.They make the Hide-A-Squirrel toy that Jedi loves so much. I was thrilled to see that Kyjen is giving away a DayPak (doggie backpack) from their Outward Hound collection. Interested? Enter here. Good luck!

Something that always makes me say "hmmm" is the subject of pet insurance. It sounds great in theory, but I've heard so many stories -- most of them bad. Apparently I'm not alone in my confusion. I found this in the Sacramento Bee: Pet insurance complaints prompt California legislation. I'm curious to see how this plays out. And is this something that will be addressed nationwide? What do you think?

And finally, a video that made me laugh. Have you seen this?

 
I hope this week's Friday Finds made you laugh, made you think, and most of all made you want to spend more time with your dog. Until next week, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment