Wednesday, July 11, 2018

5 Months

Trooper is five months old today!


Super Trooper
We've had Trooper about 10 days now and he's fitting right in. We love this little goofball. Here are five fun Trooper facts:
  1. Off Position
    Trooper has two speeds: full throttle and off. He can switch between the two at the drop of a hat.
  2. Trooper will eat anything, including lettuce, birdseed, paper towels and his own poop (eeeew). However, peanut butter stuffed Kongs are more to his liking.
  3. Trooper is a "morning dog." He's up early, full of energy and demanding attention. He hasn't figured out that I AM NOT a "morning person," no matter how many times he barks and licks my face.
  4. Trooper is not afraid of fireworks. Every July my neighborhood sounds like the soundtrack of a WWII movie. (Rednecks love their explosives.) Luckily, Trooper couldn't care less about the noise.
  5. Trooper has figured out how to get on the furniture. He likes to climb onto the couch and nap with Roxy. Isn't that cute? He also lies on my bed as I get ready for work.
He heard his name
Trooper is a fun, lovable pup who is wearing me out. I haven't been this tired since I had toddlers. I'm trying to remember to nap when he naps and keep puppy-safe chew toys within reach at all times.

Some pleasant side effects to this super nova wrapped in fur: I've lost five pounds from chasing after him and I pick up clutter regularly! Between waiting for the puppy to poop and picking up poop (so said puppy doesn't eat it --- again, eeeew), I'm enjoying my back yard more than I have in a long while.

Oh, gotta go! Nap time is over. Catch you later, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment