Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Puppy vs. Fitbit

The picture doesn't show the extent of the damage. The
band is irreparable. Luckily, the tracker is just scratched.
First rule of having a puppy: Don't take your eyes off the puppy. I broke that rule and my Fitbit paid the price.

Puppies have no self control and are apt to make bad decisions. You can have three dozen puppy-approved toys on the floor (like I do) but the moment you turn your back the puppy will grab something else -- usually something expensive, like my cellphone. (Right Jedi?)

This time I took off my Fitbit before showering. I forgot to put it back on right away and Trooper found it. The rubber wristband was no match for his shiny new teeth.

The second rule of having a puppy: Buy the protection plan. I broke that rule too.

Fortunately, I had another Fitbit (long story that makes me look stupid) so I can still keep track of my steps. Good thing too, because on conformation training nights I hit my daily step goal. If I keep this up I'll finally lose those 20 pounds. (This is what I keep telling myself when icing my knee the next day. I'm 50 and trying to run around the ring with a German shepherd puppy. WTH is wrong with me?!)

My knee hurts and it's time for ice, so I'm going to cut this short. See you around the ring! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment