Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet the Blogger

This is going to be fun! Some of my favorite pet blogs have challenged each other (and the rest of us too!) to step away from the animal anecdotes and introduce ourselves, the humans behind the blogs. I think I've been pretty candid about who I am, warts and all. But I've decided to play along anyway, just in case someone hasn't picked up on my neurotic tendencies and/or good-natured homicidal fantasies. The rules are:

1. Post the badge on your blog and join the hop.
CHECK and CHECK. 

Meet the Pet Bloggers Hop
 

2. Answer at least five questions.
CHECK (see below).
 
  • What's your favorite non-animal related book?  I can't pick just one. I guess Animal Farm and To Kill a Mockingbird don't count, hunh? I'm also a big fan of Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and Ender's Game (I read them all before the movies BTW) and authors Sue Grafton, Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch series), John Grisham, Robin Hobb and Janet Evanovich (but only the Stephanie Plum stories).
  • What's your favorite non-animal related movie?  Star Wars. (C'mon, I named my dog Jedi so I could be a Jedi Master!)
  • What's your favorite non-animal related food?  Potatoes -- mashed, fried, baked, boiled, scalloped doesn't matter. I LOVE potatoes.
  • What do you wish you were more skilled at?  Letting things go. I stress too much over things that don't need to be worried about. I also wish I was better organized.
  • Favorite meal?  Breakfast.
  • What do you like to do in your free time?  Spend time with friends and family: BBQs, board games, picnics, pool parties, love and laughter.
  • What one word would people who know you use to describe you?  Sarcastic (duh!)
  • What is one thing you've done that you're most proud of?  I have a loving, supportive husband of 25 years and two great sons. I don't know if I can actually take credit for it, but my family is my greatest joy.
  • How is your pet most like you?  We both enjoy cookies and afternoon naps.
  • If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?  I wish I had paid more attention to my health when I was younger. Bad habits and poor decisions made in my 20s are now affecting me in my 40s.
  • Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?  Reading, spending time with friends and family, playing with the dogs.
  • What's one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself?  Exercise more and eat less crap. (Oh, but I really do love the crap!)
  • What drives you nuts about your pets? What melts your heart?  I can't get them to walk together on a leash. We would walk more (what they want) if they weren't total idiots on the leash (what I want). It's embarrassing!! What melts my heart is "the look." You know, the one of total adoration that says "we're together, all is right with the world."
  • If you didn't have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have?  More dogs.

3. Post a current picture of yourself.
CHECK! 
 
Me and Jedi taken last week
So that's me. I can't wait to see everybody else's answers. Nice meeting you all! -- K

P.S. For a less wordy Wednesday, check out a fun picture of Jedi here.

No comments:

Post a Comment