Sunday, December 8, 2013

GSD Club Christmas Party

Last night was the German Shepherd Dog Club of North Florida's Christmas Party and Awards Banquet. It's always a lot of fun. We had three dogs make Champion this year, which is pretty awesome. It's not an easy process. The club gives a white jacket for a member's first major title (i.e. champion). I really want one. But I'll never get one if Jedi and I don't train more consistently. GRRR. Other patches were given out and I got one for Jedi finishing the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy program. The biggest award, though, is the Outstanding Member of the Year Award. AND I WON! The winner is chosen by the three previous winners. And then last year's winner says really nice stuff about you and makes you cry. It was very humbling. Between this, not throwing up my first time in the ring and the 1st Place Newsletter ribbon from the German Shepherd Dog Club of America I've had a pretty good year.

The Club always ends the Christmas Party and Awards Banquet with a gift exchange/stealing game (sometimes called Dirty Santa or a Chinese Gift Exchange). The game can get pretty vicious, but I came home with this awesome pillow. SCORE!

I ended the night riding a mechanical bull. No pictures of that! It was fun -- and extremely short -- but not a pretty sight. Trust me.

I love my German Shepherd club, and all the crazy dog people that admit to being my friends. How about you? Do you have a group of dog-crazy friends too? If not, you can join mine. We're fun (and usually covered in dog hair). -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment