Monday, August 31, 2015

Awww...Wow!

I share stuff about my crazy career in animal control all the time. Regular visitors know that my job can be funny or frustrating, heart warming or heart wrenching, weird, wild and/or wacky -- sometimes all on the same day! And some days I get a special treat that just leaves me speechless. Today was one of those days!
 
I know this is a dog blog, but truth is: I like wild birds. My favorites are birds of prey -- falcons, eagles, owls, etc. I have sat on the beach oblivious to dogs off leash because the osprey were fishing. And I LOVE red-tailed hawks. They're usually skittish and I have to admire them from afar. But today I had one let me get within 10 feet and I was able to snap a picture with my phone. Isn't he beautiful?
 
"HAWK EYE" is no joke! He stared at me the whole time.
Crows are also skittish but I like them. (Except for those bastards who stabbed Jon Snow -- sorry, nerdy reference.) Crows are also loud and cheeky and hop around with a goofy gait. They make me laugh. I saw these guys when I got home this afternoon and snapped this picture with my phone:
 
Do you see all seven?
I sent the picture to my husband with the message "There's a murder across the street." (Stupid trivia time: a group of crows is called a murder.) Hubby texted back "Sometimes you are so weird." Yeah, well . . . We've been together 28 years, so what does that say about him?!
 
Anyway, it's Awww...Monday! Want to start your week off with a smile? Click around below and see what others are sharing today. -- K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment