Saturday, August 29, 2015

Jedi and Jet Lag

Jedi at dawn. Why are we awake?!
I spent 10 days in California. I've only been back for 36 hours and I'm exhausted. Jet lag always seems to be worse when heading east. It doesn't help that my body is still on California time. My problem: I can't seem to get to sleep until well after midnight -- and Jedi doesn't care. No matter what time we go to bed, he is wide awake by 6 AM. There is nothing I can do to convince him otherwise.

This morning he was stirring at 5 AM. I took him out to pee and gave him a chew toy to keep him quiet. It didn't work. He was in my face panting and whining. I thought I had convinced him to settle down, but then he leaned against the bed and scratched. The whole thing shook like a California earthquake. He stopped when I fussed (loudly and harshly!) but that's when the licking started. He licked and chewed various body parts so loud that I'm sure they could him on Dagobah. I tried throwing Jedi out of the bedroom but then he just sat outside the door and whined. Eventually I got up. The dog won.

I feel like crap. My body's telling me it's still 4 AM. Now I'm sitting in the living room with a screaming headache and an upset stomach. (One of the many joys of getting older: lack of sleep feels like a nasty hangover, even if I don't drink the night before.) My dog is a jerk and apparently he doesn't care. I took this picture at 6:30 AM so you can see for yourself. Just look at the grin! Jerk.

It's Sepia Saturday! We're joining Ruckus the Eskie and the folks at Earl's World as we share our frustration with a soft brown tint. Click around below and see what others are sharing. I am. It's not like I can sleep or anything. (Quit smiling Ruckus, it's not funny.) I am not amused. -- K

P.S. As I was putting the finishing touches on this post I heard Jedi sigh loudly. I looked over and saw him sleeping -- sleeping! -- on my office floor. I don't know whether to quietly crawl back in bed or go wake him up out of spite. WHAT A JERK!


No comments:

Post a Comment