Monday, August 17, 2015

Stinky Jedi

This week's Mischief Monday story started out nice enough . . . but then it went south quickly.

There's a piece of private property where Hubby and I have permission to run our dogs off leash. It is probably the dogs' favorite place in the whole world. Seriously, it's right up there with Sonic!

Jedi, ready to go.
We've been busy lately and the dogs haven't been able to get their regular exercise. Since a restless dog is just mischief waiting to happen, I got up early Saturday morning and took Jedi to the property for a good romp.

Giant sticks are awesome!
Jedi had a blast. He chased squirrels, peed on a hundred trees and played fetch with a giant stick. It was a great morning, until I saw him do this:

Not Jedi. I was too horrified to take a picture.
At one point Jedi had run up ahead of me. There was a giant tree that I thought would make a great backdrop for a picture. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my camera. I looked up to see Jedi rubbing his face on the ground. I yelled across the field but he didn't hear me.

My response, reenacted by a cute squirrel.
Jedi has never done that before, but I knew what he was doing. I've read other Monday Mischief posts. And I was horrified.

I have no idea what it was that Jedi found under that tree. I looked. The best I could determine was "gelatinous and putrid." I leashed up Jedi and gagged all the way to the car. I had a bottle of water that I poured over his face and I found a rag in the trunk that I used to wipe off the chunky pieces, followed by more gagging. It didn't help much. He still reeked. I made him ride home with his head out the passenger side window (he thought that was great) and gave him a bath ad soon as we got home (he didn't like that). Then I took my second shower of the day.
 
It's Monday Mischief. Hop around below and see what others are getting into today. If you've got a mischief story, link up. If not, give your pup an extra cookie. He deserves it! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment