Sunday, August 30, 2015

More Dog Shows

We're at it again! I'm back from vacation, the weather is getting slightly less scorching and we're looking at dog shows. (Just indoor shows for now -- I still remember Alpharetta.)

Yesterday morning I filled out a couple dog show entry forms. We're headed back to Deland, the scene of our first shows back in 2013. We'll be at the Volusia County Fairgrounds September 18th through the 20th. It's a nice venue with things like adequate parking, flushing toilets and multiple concession stands. (Quit laughing about the toilets! Try wiggling out of a sweaty girdle in a dirty port-a-potty while trying to stay clean and you'll understand. Trust me!) In 2013 there was a really nice variety of vendors as well. I'm hoping they're returning this year.

The Friday show is being hosted by the Sunshine State Herding Group Association. This is a specially show for herding breeds only. They put on a really nice show last time and I'm excited to see what they do this time. Despite my "put on my big girl panties" speech after Alpharetta, I'm entering this one in the AM Bred class again. [Insert chicken noises here.]

The Saturday and Sunday shows are being hosted by the West Volusia Kennel Club. These are larger, all-breed shows. I remember their shows as being chaotic and a bit disorganized last time. However, I also remember that they had some incredible vendors and services available. I was overwhelmed by the variety. Now that I (kind of) know what I'm doing, I really look forward to checking out the vendor tents. Also, these shows offer an Amateur Owner-Handler class for inexperienced people like me, so that's where we'll be. (Friday's show does not offer this class, hence the AM Bred entry. Again.)

As usual, Jedi and I DID NOT practice over the summer. We've done nothing since Alpharetta. So, as usual, I'm stressing over the little stuff. One of these days I'll learn my lesson. Until then, I'm off to see if Jedi and I remember anything. Later, -- K

P.S. If you happen to be near Deland that weekend, please come by and say hi. I mean it! I could use a friendly face.

No comments:

Post a Comment