Monday, March 14, 2016

Another Lesson from the Dog

Hubby saw this on Facebook and tagged me. Sometimes I need a reminder.


There's a lot going on in my brain these days: taxes (we owe), car repairs, work, the logistics of a cross country trip for a family wedding, Dog Club President stuff, dog training, upcoming nosework trials, bills, and all the crap involved with being a grown-up. And this daylight savings time thing always throws me off. Grrr. But remembering the not-so-subtle hint from Hubby, I took a page from Jedi's play book yesterday.

I work on Sundays. Getting up an hour early is harder and harder every year. My body said it was 4 AM when I rolled out of bed yesterday morning. However, being at work early gave me the chance to see the sun rise over the ocean. I asked myself "What would Jedi do?" Then I just enjoyed the moment. Unlike Jedi, however, I refrained from peeing on something. (Jedi would have peed on everything.)


I was exhausted when I got home. I took another cue from Jedi and enjoyed a short nap.


And finally, according to Jedi (my trash hound) food doesn't have to be a chore to be enjoyable. I really didn't feel like cooking. Dinner was a five-minute dig through the fridge. We had cheese and crackers, hummus with peppers and carrots, pimento stuffed olives and big, juicy grapes. All this was washed down with a cold sparkling moscato. Hubby and I grazed while singing along  with a Mel Brooks movie. (Tight tights.) Not only was dinner tasty and enjoyable, clean-up was a cinch.

  

It's Awww...Monday, where a group of bloggers try to bring a little happiness to the beginning of your week, although this may be more of an "Ahhh" than an "Awww." Either way, take a lesson from the dog and relax a little. While you're at it, hop around below and see what others are sharing today. Thanks to Sandee for hosting this every week. TTFN, -- K

P.S. I just remembered that there's more moscato in the fridge. Oh happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment