Friday, January 18, 2019

Marsh Madness

Trooper refused to look at me. Turd.
My vet is between work and home. Trooper had a vet appointment last week after work. There wasn't enough time to go home and back, but too much time to sit at the vet's office, so we ended up at Castaway Island Preserve. Jedi and I have been there several times, but this was a first for Trooper. It was hard for me to drive into the park. We took Roxy there to eat McDonald's the morning we put her down. I wasn't prepared for the deluge of emotion. Six months feels like yesterday.

After a good cry, Trooper and I took a powerwalk through the park. The paths are concrete and/or raised plank, so you can get a good pace free of tripping hazards. The park butts up against the Intercoastal Waterway, revealing some beautiful marsh views.

According to my FitBit, we were able to pick up nearly 3000 steps in 37 minutes. Woohoo! Getting Trooper to sit still long enough to take picture was much more challenging. Thank goodness for digital  . . .

Tips for park goers: There is no shade on the walkways, so wear sunscreen. Bring water for you and your dogs. If you choose not to powerwalk, you can easily stroll down the clear, wide paths. Stay on the paths because the ground is boggy.

There is no entry fee for the park. Dogs are permitted on leash only. There is one poop bag station and only a few trash cans. If you can't get your dog to potty on command, expect to carry around a full poop bag for a while (I did).

Get out and do something fun with your dog today! Later, -- K


No comments:

Post a Comment