Saturday, August 2, 2014

Stormy Sepia Saturday

Jedi and I were out hiking and saw a storm rolling in. I took a few pictures before heading home. The pictures are even more spectacular in sepia. (Seriously, look at that sky! Isn't it gorgeous?)


In Florida we get afternoon showers for about two months straight. It can be annoying. I grew up in the Mojave desert and I doubt we got this much rain in an entire year. Funny rain story: When I was a child my mother would make bread on rainy days because the extra humidity was good for the yeast. I would come home from school and the house smelled of fresh potato rolls and challah bread. Thirty years later, my mouth still waters when I smell rain!

Rain also reminds me of music. Some of my favorite songs are rain-related. Songs like Riders on the Storm by the Doors, Have You Ever Seen the Rain? by Creedence Clearwater Revival and Here Comes the Rain Again by the Eurythmics. What are you favorite rain-related songs?


It's Sepia Saturday. Stay dry, and hop around to see what others are sharing today. -- K


No comments:

Post a Comment