Friday, November 30, 2018

Jedi's Famous!

No tortoises were harmed while taking this photo. However, Jedi
freaked out over the moving rock and nearly wet himself!
A few days ago I received a strange email. Dr. Churchill from Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife asked about a picture of Jedi. She had seen the post of Jedi and the Gopher Tortoise and wanted to use the picture for a post she was writing. I agreed (because who doesn't love Jedi?) and asked that she link back to the original post. She agreed!

The post, Dogs and Tortoises, is well written and thought provoking. I urge you to read it.

Coexisting with nature is a topic I deal with at work on a regular basis. As we develop more land -- displacing more and more wildlife -- it's becoming a bigger problem. I'm constantly getting calls about coyotes, raccoons, opossums, ducks, peacocks and even a wild turkey! (Did I mention that I'm not supposed to handle wildlife?!) I've shared many wildlife stories on this blog. It's getting cold here in Florida, so I'm sure I'll have another one soon. Until then, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment